Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Thursday, September 16, 2021

2021 Cabernet Sauvignon Wine


Although I still have Cabernet Sauvignon leftover from 2019, I wanted to make a third wine this year. I couldn't find any Sirah, and didn't manage to get up to Oregon Wisconsin to pick wine grapes during the season. I really wanted the white grapes from them, and they are ripened early this year. All of which is to say that, I made this small batch because they had it at my grape dealer which was Jennaro Brothers in Milwaukee this year. 

The refractive index showed 23.4 degrees Brix which would make 12.1% alcohol. I added 233 g for a projected 13.5%


2021 Cabernet Sauvignon Recipe

Grapes                    36 lb

Yeast energizer        1 g

Pectic enzyme        1 g    

Sugar                        233 g

Lalvin EC1118        1 packet


This fermented quickly so on the fourth day I pressed it and transferred it to a glass demijohn. This made about 10 liters. 



April 2, 2022 Update

The Malolactic fermentation has finished. The titratable acid is high at 15.6g/L as tartaric. Last year's titratable acid was also high. The measured pH is 2.9.


No comments: