Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

2019 Merlot


I decided to make a Merlot last year because I still have a stock of Zinfandel. This years grapes were sweet and juicy -- maybe not as grapey. I had a bottle of cherry juice concentrate, and I added it here for some added complexity. I added after two days of fermentation, because I have experienced slow fermentation with it -- though it doesn't say it is inhibited. 


2019 Merlot 

144 lb Lodi Gold Merlot Grapes (Lodi Gold Brand from Delta Packing in Lodi CA
8 ounces of tart cherry juice concentrate (added after fermentation was vigorous)
5.5 g pectic enzyme
14 g yeast energizer
1.5 packets of Lalvin Baugouin RC212














This made about 42L after racking for 10.5 L/case, which means these were juicy grapes. 


No comments: