Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Saturday, September 30, 2017

2017 Zinfandel

As is my tradition, I tasted all the grapes at the place and I choose the Zinfandel (Big Brass)

Zinfandel Recipe

108 lb Zinfandel grapes (DePalma, Ripon CA)
 32 oz cherry juice concentrate (Montmorency Tart from King Orchard, Central Lake MI)
8 oz cranberry juice concentrate
4 g pectic enzyme
11 g yeast energizer
Premier Red yeast from Red Star

The grapes were very sweet at 28.4 Brix, but the cherry concentrate made it sweeter, and the cranberry less so. Still I am at 29.4 Brix which is 15.7% alcohol. Probably stronger than I want.

No comments: