Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Saturday, September 12, 2015

2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Blush

So I got Cabernet Sauvignon when I thought I was getting Cabernet Blanc. The white grapes were really picked over. I decided to make a blush of it. The grapes turned out the be dry, so there was not much juice. 72 lb yielded 4.5 gallons. I am going to use the skins in the Merlot.

As always, the grapes are pressed immediately after crushing. The juice was 26.4 Brix which will make 13.8% alcohol -- good to go!

2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Blush Recipe

72 lb Cabernet Sauvignon (4.5 gallon of juice)
4 g pectic enzyme
6 g yeast energizer
1 packet Red Star Premier Crevee

No comments: