Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Sunday, July 12, 2015

2015 Raspberry Wine

My brother Glenn made an excellent raspberry wine two years ago, so when raspberries were on sale, I bought 3 cases and here we are. I do have a couple raspberry bushes but they don't produce anything like what I needed.

This has about twice the level of raspberries compared to the online recipes. I wanted a stronger raspberry flavor. I can always dilute it at the end.

The plan is to ferment to dryness, and then mix back with either more sugar or a white grape wine. I plan to try both, but there will only be about 3 gallons total. I am a little concerned that I should add more water, but we will see.

2015 Raspberry Wine Recipe

9.75 lb water (1 gal + .6 qt)
15 lb raspberries (Well-Pict from California, with a handful of my homegrown raspberries)
7.3 lb sugar
1 lime - juice only
1g wine tannin
4 g pectic enzyme
5 g yeast energizer
1 Premier Cuvee

The sugar content was measure by refractive index at 27.7% sugar (25 brix.) This should give 13. 1%.









No comments: