Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Saturday, September 14, 2013

2013 Sauvignon Blanc

Sauvignon Blanc is a bit of an experiment; many people like it, but I would have made Riesling if I could have gotten the Riesling grapes. Often Sauvignon Blanc tastes too much like grape skins to me, so I will work hard to get wine pressed quickly. If I were smarter and less cheaper, I'd make it from just the free-run juice, but well, I didn't do that.

The juice was nice and sweet, and I did not need to add much sugar.


2013 Sauvignon Blanc Wine Recipe

144 lb Cabernet Sauvignon Grapes* (crushed) [11.5 gal of juice at 23.8 brix]
325 g cane sugar [adjusted for 13% alcohol content]
10 g pectic enzyme for clarity
Rind from three oranges
5 Celestial Seasonings Columbine tea bags
12 g yeast energizer
1 Packet Red Star Pasteur Cote des Blanc yeast


*Top Brass brand from Vignolo Farms

The fermentation ran fast, and I put it in a Demijohn on the fourth day. The sweetness was gone by that point. It is continuing to bubble of course, but not very fast. It looks like about 38 L yield. 

No comments: