Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Movies Depth of Processing Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing: Food and Wine Depth of Processing Depth of Processing

Thursday, July 4, 2013

2013 Strawberry Wine

 My 2012 Strawberry Wine was good, and I decided to try it again. I bought some fresh strawberries since they were on sale. I cut the stems off the fresh strawberries with a knife, and then put them in the food processor to make a puree. I h

10 lb of fresh strawberries (California), pureed
6 lb frozen strawberries, pureed
5 quarts water
3300 grams of sugar (7.25 lb) cooked with the water above into a syrup

Fresh Strawberries
1 large orange (including the peel)
4 g pectic enzyme
5 g yeast energizer
1 packet Cote Des Blances from Red Star

I measured the sugar content; initially very high, so I added water and then waited, the sugar content by refractive index and by density projected a 14.1 to 14.6% alcohol. I used Cot Des Blances so maybe we'll get a little residual sweetness.


Strawberry Puree

No comments: